The Adoption Initiative Conference will offer five full scholarships to attend the conference being held at Montclair State University from June 9-11, 2016. These scholarships will cover the cost of full registration (including meals and conference events). We are unable to cover costs for lodging and travel.
The Adoption Initiative Conference provides scholarships with the goal of making the conference experience available to a broad group of participants. We are specifically looking for individuals with diverse and interdisciplinary perspectives who would benefit, either professionally or personally, from attending an academic adoption conference.
- Applications must be completely filled out and received electronically by February 15, 2016. [Scholarship Applications are no longer being accepted.]
- Applicants are required to submit a short statement (no more than 500 words) describing how the Adoption Initiative Conference aligns with or furthers their professional or educational goals as well as what unique perspective or knowledge the applicant brings to the conference. While financial need will be given consideration by the Adoption Initiative Board during the decision making process, it will not be the sole criteria for making scholarship awards.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have never attended an Adoption Initiative Conference.
- All scholarship awards will be the decision of the Adoption Initiative Board and will be final.
- The Adoption Initiative Board reserves the right to redistribute funds if scholarship is declined by recipient.
- Awardees will be announced at our conference and listed on our website.
You may fill out the scholarship application online and submit it when done. The application will be sent in automatically.
Additionally, you can download a PDF of the AIC Scholarship Application 2016 here, copy it to your computer and email it.