We are looking forward to seeing you at the 8th Biennial Adoption Conference this Thursday through Saturday!
Some important points for attendees:
Location for taxi drivers
- St. John’s Queens Campus at the intersection of Union Turnpike and Utopia Parkway.
- To go straight to the D’Angelo Conference Center, enter at Gate 5 on Union Turnpike.
- To go straight to the Townhouses for St. John’s On-Campus Housing, enter at the Main Gate (Gate 1) on Utopia Parkway.
- Linens and towels are provided at St. John’s Campus Housing.
- The Saturday, May 31st Awards Banquet and performance of Broke Wide Open by Rock Wilk is included in the registration fee. Please be sure to attend!
- Check-In at the Conference:
- Wednesday, May 28th: Check in at O’Connor Hall Room 101 (#17 on the map) open from 7am to midnight
- Thursday, May 29th: Check-in outside the Townhouses (#34 on the map) between 2pm and 5pm. After 5pm, check-in at outside D’Angelo Center Room 416 (#36 on the map)
- Friday, May 30th: Check-in outside D’Angelo Center Room 416 (#36 on the map)
8th Biennial Adoption Initiative Conference
New Conference Site: D’Angelo Center, St. John’s Campus Queens, New York
New Spring Season: May 29-31, 2014
Please note there is a Gala Banquet event and a live performance by Rock Wilk of Broke Wide Open on Saturday evening for all registered participants!
2014 Conference Theme:
Sleeping Giants in Adoption:
Power, Privilege, Politics, and Class
ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY
Office of Post-graduate Clinical and Professional Programs
An interdisciplinary and inter-institutional structure
- To address fundamental issues affecting the adoption community
- To provide information and training opportunities for professionals about adoption issues
- To encourage more research effort by the academic community in answering fundamental questions affecting members of the adoption triad; and finally
- To provide a forum where members of the adoption triad can find valuable resources.